Friday, April 19, 2013

"Technology & Theology"

I don’t have a story that could possibly scare you
I won’t have a motive to possibly care to
We know some things that could there true
But pictures are needed to recall the hair-do
Of fathers and brothers and mothers and such
Photos are ways that we still keep in touch
And while you can say that we still meet up
I have shit somewhere else and they’re still an us
Some saved on a disc and some in a box
The patterns of technology were interlocked
Polaroid turned digital the older we got
It’s weird to remember but I like it a lot 
Time makes me oldest and Catholic schools
Taught me to read and obey all the rules
They were very nice and Carlin is too
But in his standup he portrayed them as rude 
That wasn’t my life but I laughed at some parts
They taught me at math and they taught me at arts
I believe in a God but sometimes it’s hard
Worse than the days when I played in the yard
Sometimes I say Allah
Sometimes I say Christ
I wish I could say that I lived life twice
To find which path is dirt and if one is paved
But I suppose that everyone’s saved
Like I said first it was nothing traumatic
But that’s how I stopped practicing Catholic
The photograph changed but you still have to snap it
And you still need some others to interact with

2012

No comments:

Post a Comment